Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.)
As a student in this program, you are required to complete a minimum of 64 credit hours with a grade point average of no lower than C (2.0). For this degree program, you must successfully complete the following:
- ENG 101 Composition I
- ENG 102 Introduction to Reading Literature
- COM 100 Human Communication OR COM 110 Public Speaking OR COM 115 Interpersonal Communication
- ECO 210 Principles of Macroeconomics Electives
- ECO 211 Principles of Microeconomics Electives
Mathematics and/or Science
- 3 credit hours Mathematics Electives*
- 3 credit hours Mathematics Electives and/or Science Electives*
- ACC 101 Principles of Financial Accounting
- ACC 102 Principles of Managerial Accounting
- BUS 120 Introduction to Business OR BUS 124 Organizational Behavior**
- BUS 123 Business Communications
- BUS 222 Marketing
- BUS 227 Business Law
- 12 credit hours of Business Electives***
- 3 credit hours of Computer Science (CSC) Electives
- 2 credit hours of Health/Physical Education (HPE) Electives
- 6 credit hours of general electives
* Recommended Mathematics Electives: MAT 121 Introductory Statistics I and MAT 122 Introductory Statistics II.
** Upon recommendation of academic advisor.
*** Business Electives include courses with the following prefixes: ACC, BUS, CSC, and HOS. Courses coded as PLG may be used with permission of the Department Chair.
Subject Areas for Transfer Opportunities: By appropriate course selection in consultation with a faculty advisor, students pursuing the A.A.S. Business Administration degree may prepare for transfer to upper-division study in the subject areas listed: Business Administration, Management, and Marketing.
For information on which courses fulfill SUNY General Education Electives and for information on transferring to a four-year school, visit www.flcc.edu/academics/transfer-guidelines.