Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.)
Business Administration is a diverse field that incorporates many areas of business. A degree in this field of study creates opportunities for you to explore a business-related career in industries such as finance, education, or health care.
As a student in our A.A.S. Business Administration degree program, you'll experience courses in a variety of areas ranging from accounting to economics and marketing to business law. And, you'll also engage in an intense study in business administration.
Along with a strong core curriculum, this program provides you the opportunity to explore and enroll in a variety of business electives, which will broaden your background in this field. Whatever your goals are after FLCC—whether you plan to explore the job market or pursue an advanced degree—this program will prepare you for employment and transfer opportunities in the business field.
Evening and Weekend College
Complete your college education quickly without impacting your weekday responsibilities. Affordable classes are scheduled in the evening, on the weekend, and online to allow you to complete your studies quickly and around your busy schedule. Learn more about Evening and Weekend College.
Online learning provides a convenient and flexible way to earn an education. Study on your time and from a location that fits your busy schedule. With this option, this degree is available completely online. Learn more about FLCC online learning.
Our A.S. and A.A.S. Business Administration degree programs provide you a variety of scholarship opportunities to explore.
- Carol Scharett Memorial Scholarship
- Canandaigua Rotary Martin Schneider Scholarship
- Dennis Morga Memorial Business scholarship
For more information on these scholarships and learn how to apply, contact the FLCC Foundation.
As a student in our program, you'll be educated by faculty who bring practical experience in management, business ownership, and accounting to the classroom. Throughout your studies, you'll learn from knowledgeable faculty and engage in a course curriculum that will prepare you to succeed in the diverse and ever-changing business world.
In your degree experience, you'll engage in an internship, which will provide you practical learning opportunities in a business-related position.
Past graduates have interned at local businesses and agencies such as:
- Canandaigua Chamber of Commerce
- Canandaigua National Bank
- Thompson Health
- National Bank of Geneva
- City of Geneva
Program Learning Outcomes
- Apply mathematical principles and concepts to solve problems.
- Explore issues, ideas and data to formulate a plan of action.
- Identify the skills and knowledge necessary for businesses to succeed in the global community.
- Show the ability to identify, evaluate, use, and share information from current event resources.
- Apply marketing concepts as they relate to the marketplace and be able to apply this understanding to an entry-level position.
- Utilize the four basic financial statements and provide a managerial analysis of these statements in anticipation to their entrance into the workplace.
- Demonstrate how a business makes decisions by studying economic trends in anticipation to their entrance into the workplace.
- Apply the accepted process and procedure used to gain an entry-level business position by acquiring business communication skills for entering and being successful in the business community.
- Employ professional values and honesty in preparation to their entrance into the workplace.
Graduates have gone on to pursue four-year degrees in a business-related area at transfer schools such as:
- SUNY Geneseo
- The College at Brockport
- SUNY Cortland
- SUNY Fredonia
- Nazareth College
- St. John Fisher College
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Syracuse University
From corporations to small firms, organizations in the private, public, and non-profit sectors are always seeking employees who possess strong business skills.
With your A.A.S. degree from FLCC, you'll be prepared to enter the job market after graduation and pursue entry-level positions in a management or administrative role.
Some of our graduates have obtained positions as:
- Payroll coordinator
- Receipt and inventory manager
- Bank teller
- Customer service specialist