Summer Classes at FLCC
Explore FLCC's affordable and convenient online summer classes. Catch up or get ahead before next semester, and choose from a wide range of popular courses. Credits earned apply toward an FLCC program or transfer easily!
Summer Session 2020 Dates & Offerings
Our online summer courses are easy to access, fit into your personal schedule, and are taught by faculty who understand the needs of online learners. You'll benefit from quality instruction and a dedicated team offering you IT support, tutoring services, and help desk resources.
We've been teaching online for nearly two decades. You can count on our experienced instructors and flexible online format to meet your needs. Apply credits toward an FLCC degree or certificate program, or transfer them back to your home institution if you're not an FLCC student.
Classes are offered throughout May, June, and July.
- 4-week sessions begin May 26, June 22, and July 20
- 6-week sessions begin May 26 and July 6
- 12-week sessions begin May 26
In-Demand Courses - We offer classes in a range of subject areas—accounting, biology, business, calculus, economics, French, literature, math, physics, Spanish, statistics, wellness, and more!
Course Registration Instructions
Create a WebAdvisor Account
- Current, degree-seeking FLCC students: Connect with your academic advisor prior to registering for summer courses. Your advisor's contact information is in your WebAdvisor account, under the My Profile option. You should already have an established WebAdvisor account. If you cannot access WebAdvisor, contact the One Stop Office.
- Accepted FLCC students, planning to start in the Fall: Use your User ID provided in your acceptance letter to log into WebAdvisor.
- Visiting students: In order to register for an online course, you must create a WebAdvisor account. Select Never taken a class at FLCC before? and choose Create a User ID.
Search and Register for Classes
- Log into WebAdvisor, select Students > Register for Sections under the Registration section. Here, you have a few options for finding and registering for Summer Courses:
- Select Search and Register for Sections to search by term, subject, instructor, or course title. Add courses to your preferred list.
- Use Express Registration if you know the exact subject, course number, and section, or synonym (ex: MATH*100*01 or Synonym 42765). Add courses to your preferred list.
- Once your preferred list is complete, simply select Register for Previously Selected Sections to finalize your course registration.
- To register by email, fax, or mail, please download and print the registration form . You'll receive a registration confirmation by mail in approximately 3-5 business days.
Understand Prerequisite Requirements
When you search for courses, please make a note of any prerequisite course requirements, which include courses you must complete before enrolling in another course.
- If you're a current, degree-seeking FLCC student, you'll need to contact your advisor prior to registration. If you did not take a prerequisite course at FLCC and have not already provided the College with proof of the prerequisite, you will need to do so.
- If you completed a prerequisite at another institution, you'll need to submit proof of completion (schedule or unofficial transcript). Please email this to email@example.com, along with your name, the course you're registering for, and the term.
At FLCC, we're proud to offer quality summer instruction at a cost that makes pursuing an education accessible and affordable. In many cases, our visiting students pay less for summer coursework at FLCC than they do at their home institution.
Summer students pay our standard part-time rate, plus additional fees for specific courses, labs, and online instruction. For more information about the cost of a specific course, visit the Cost of Attendance page.
Access Your Bill
Initial Summer Session bills will be available electronically beginning the first week of April. Students will be notified via their FLCC email account when a bill is available, and will not receive a paper bill.
Send Us Proof of Residency and Immunization
- Certificate of Residence: New York State residents are required to provide proof of residency annually. For further information, view the certificate of residence requirements. If you haven't been a permanent legal resident of New York State for the year prior to the start of classes, you must pay out-of-state tuition.
- Provide proof of immunization (unless it's already on file at FLCC). Download and submit an immunization form .
Activate Your Blackboard Account
Blackboard is FLCC's course management system. It's where you'll access course materials, complete online assignments, and see your grades. You'll interact with your classmates and instructor, who will post documents, make announcements, send email, create online assignments, and more.
Current, degree-seeking, FLCC students should talk with the One Stop Office to inquire about the availability of aid for classes.
For information about books required for your classes, visit www.flcc.edu/bookstore. Books are available for purchase through the FLCC bookstore approximately two weeks before the beginning of your classes.