Understanding Your Awards
A guide for reviewing your Financial Aid Plan

All awards and costs are offered assuming full-time attendance. Revisions will be made, if you're attending part-time, after the drop/add period of each semester.

This financial aid plan is only valid if:

  • You are matriculated into an eligible degree program.
  • You are in good academic standing.
  • You are not in default on a federal loan or grant overpayment.
  • You have not exhausted your federal and state aid eligibility.
  • You are taking coursework within your degree program.

Grants and Scholarships

To review information on the aid included in your financial aid plan, please visit: www.flcc.edu/offices/financial-aid/types-of-financial-aid.cfm

Types of Financial Aid

Student and Family Options

Some families may need additional resources to help cover their estimated costs. This section lists the most used options:

Payment Plans

The College does offer different payment options. Please go to www.flcc.edu/offices/bursar for more information.

Federal Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS)

Parents of dependent students may apply for a Federal Direct PLUS Loan, up to the total cost of attendance (minus other financial aid).

View Loan Information

What's Next?

Please make sure to carefully read the back page of your financial aid plan. It contains information regarding important NEXT STEPS for finalizing your offered awards.

Other Essential Information

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)

IMPORTANT! Continuation of your awards is contingent upon review of your academic progress. This review is done at the end of each SEMESTER (including summer) regardless of financial aid eligibility. Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress to remain eligible for financial aid. It is the student's responsibility to be aware of the criteria required for making satisfactory academic progress for federal and state aid. A more detailed explanation of SAP can be found at www.flcc.edu/offices/financial-aid/eligibility.cfm.

Maintaining Eligibility


All bills will be sent electronically. An email reminder will be sent your FLCC email account when bills have been posted. For more information regarding e-Billing, go to www.flcc.edu/ebilling.

e-Billing Information

Book Vouchers

Only students with actual financial aid in excess of their semester bill will be allowed to charge their books in the Campus Bookstore. It is NOT possible to charge books if your aid is estimated or your financial aid application is not complete. Book vouchers usually begin two weeks before the start of each semester.

Late Starting Classes

When a student takes coursework that begins after the normal start day of the semester, it could alter their eligibility for aid. Check with the One Stop Center if you intend to add a late starting class to your course schedule after the third week of classes.

  • TAP: Students must carry at least one course that runs the entire 15 weeks of the semester.
  • Pell: If all of the coursework begins after the third week of classes the Pell grant will be altered.
  • Loans: Students must begin the sixth credit of the semester before funds can be disbursed.

Excess Financial Aid

In addition to paying for books, excess financial aid funds can be used for other expenses related to attending college. The Student Accounts Office, the office responsible for billing and disbursing financial aid, will apply financial aid funds towards payment of the College bill first, before any excess will be paid to the student or Finger Lakes College Suites.

Excess aid funds are typically disbursed during the sixth week of the semester. From then on they will be disbursed bi-weekly. Since excess aid will not be disbursed until the 6th week of the term, students need to budget and plan accordingly!

The Student Accounts Office uses BankMobile, a financial services and payment company, to send all financial aid disbursements.

BankMobile Disbursement Information

Student Responsibilities

It is your responsibility to report any outside awards, such as grants and scholarships that you receive, to the Financial Aid Office.

To keep your federal aid intact, you are required to attend all classes during the semester. Not doing so may result in adjustment or return of your federal aid. If the adjustment to an award results in a balance, you will be responsible for the unpaid balance.

When you applied for financial aid you certified that you

  1. will use aid only to pay the cost of attending an institution of higher education
  2. are not in default on a federal student loan
  3. do not owe money back on a federal student grant
  4. will notify the college if you default on a federal student loan and
  5. will not receive a Federal Pell Grant from more than one college for the same period of time.

Withdrawing from Classes

If you decide to not attend FLCC, remember to officially withdraw from your classes PRIOR to the first day of the semester to avoid incurring tuition charges.

Contact Us

For questions related to financial aid, please contact the One Stop Center as your first point of contact. They will guide your next steps.

One Stop Center
Room 1045
(585) 785-1000
(585) 394-1735