Adjustments & Disbursements of Aid


Financial aid is disbursed beginning approximately 30 days after the start of classes and disbursements continue throughout the semester until the last day of classes. Financial aid will only be disbursed to a student account once all required documents are submitted, eligibility is determined, and all necessary fund requirements are met.

Using Excess Financial Aid

Students with financial aid in excess of their college bill may charge their books at the Campus Bookstore. Book charges typically begin 10 days prior to the start of the semester and end 3 weeks after the start of the term. Student must go to MyFLCC and complete the Title IV Authorization by selecting their name and then "Required Agreements." This needs to be done only once and may be revoked at any time in writing to the Financial Aid Office.

When will I receive my refund?

After all charges are paid on the student's bill, excess financial aid may be refunded to the student. These funds can be used to help cover housing, food, transportation, and personal expenses. Refunds are processed approximately 10 days after financial aid is disbursed to the students bill. Refunds are processed by the Student Account's Office and processed by BankMobile, a financial services and payment company. For more information about BankMobile, visit BankMobile Refund Choices.

Note: If the disbursement of a Federal Parent (PLUS) Loan results in a financial aid refund, a check may be mailed to the parent, if the parent elected to receive the excess on their PLUS application.

Adjustments to Financial Aid Awards

Most financial aid is awarded based on the assumption that the student will be enrolled full-time (12+ credits) each semester at FLCC. A student's financial aid awards may be adjusted or rescinded if the student changes enrollment status, receives more than the annual loan limits, withdraws during the semester, takes courses outside their degree program, never attends classes, is not in good academic standing, or repeats a passed course more than one time.

Dropped courses may affect both your current and future aid eligibility. Always check with the One Stop Center before dropping a course.

Enrollment Requirements for Different Aid Programs

Unless otherwise noted, all coursework must apply to the student’s current program at FLCC.

  • Federal Pell Grants: 12+ credits each semester (awards will be prorated for students enrolled for less than 12 credits)
  • Federal SEOG: 3 credits or more each semester
  • Federal Stafford Loans: 6 credits or more each semester
  • Federal Work Study: 6 credits or more each semester
  • NYS TAP: 12 credits or more each semester


Federal aid is awarded under the assumption that a student will attend the College for the entire semester for which aid was awarded. Federal financial aid is not fully earned until a student has completed at least 60% of the semester. If a student withdraws from all courses, officially or unofficially, before the 60% point, their financial aid awards may have to be adjusted. Please refer to the College Catalog for the complete Return to Title IV Policy.

60% Point for Full-Semester Length Classes

  • Summer 2024 — Tuesday, July 23, 2024
  • Fall 2024 — Friday, November 8, 2024
  • Spring 2025 — Wednesday, April 2, 2025

Contact Us

For questions related to financial aid, please contact the One Stop Center as your first point of contact. They will guide your next steps.

One Stop Center
Room 1045
(585) 785-1000
(585) 394-1735