International Student Admissions Information
Finger Lakes Community College welcomes students from around the world to pursue their education. We offer a small, safe, and affordable option to earn your degree — all in the heart of New York's Finger Lakes region. Apply to FLCC using the steps below.
International student applications, including all supplemental materials, must be completed by:
- June 1 for Fall Semester
- December 1 for Spring Semester
Contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We are eager to help you explore why FLCC is a great choice!
Application Requirements for F1 Status
1. Submit Your General Admissions Application
- Visit www.flcc.edu/apply to start your admissions application.
- Select F1 Visa when prompted in the Citizenship Section.
- If you need a PDF version of our online application, you can request one at email@example.com.
FLCC requires specific supplemental materials to accurately review international student applications
2. Submit an International Student Supplemental Application
- Download the International Student Supplemental Application
- Complete and sign all pages and mail to the Admissions Office.
- The Financial Statement requires you to include signed, official, bank statements.
3. Take the TOEFL iBT® or IELTS™ and Send Us Your Scores
- If you have not taken the TOEFL iBT, schedule an appointment with ETS. Ensure that you have your scores sent to Finger Lakes Community College.
- If you have taken the TOEFL iBT within the last two years, send your score report directly from ETS. TOEFL scores are valid for two years.
- Applicants interested in taking the IELTS can visit their website for country-specific booking information.
- If you have taken the IELTS within the last two years, contact IELTS to have your results sent to Finger Lakes Community College. IELTS scores are valid for two years.
- Applicants must score either a 46 (TOEFL iBT) or a 5.5 (IELTS) to be admitted to Finger Lakes Community College.
- On a case-by-case basis, we may waive the English proficiency examination requirement. Questions regarding this requirement should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Send Us Your Transcripts
- Mail official copies of your high school transcripts (signed or sealed), diploma, and relevant exams to the Admissions Office. Documents not in English must include a certified translation.
- College transcripts require evaluation by a NACES accredited agency, such as WES, to be eligible for transfer.
5. Provide a Copy of Your Passport
- Send a copy of your passport to the Admissions Office at email@example.com, or mail it with your other supplemental materials.
FLCC Admissions Office Mailing AddressFinger Lakes Community College
3325 Marvin Sands Dr
Canandaigua, NY 14424
United States of America
You're Accepted! What's Next?
Once you've been accepted to FLCC, we'll send you an acceptance letter, along with enrollment deposit instructions. After you have paid the deposit, we will send you the I-20, instructions to apply for an F1 Visa, and tips on making your travel arrangements.
Thinking about housing? Consider The Suites at Laker Landing, just a short walk from your classes and campus activities. There is a separate application for The Suites, and rooms are not guaranteed, so it is important to apply for housing once you make a decision. You must be accepted to FLCC before you apply for housing.