Faculty Office Hours
Current students can find faculty office hours online during the Spring and Fall semesters. Talk to faculty to confirm both in-person and online office hours.
For Current Students
- Visit the Full-Time Faculty Office Hours page to review faculty office-hours. (Log in using your student username and password.)
- Faculty may also list office hours, sign-up instructions, and online meeting options in Brightspace or on their course outline.
- When in doubt, email faculty directly. You can look up faculty contact information in the FLCC directory.
For College Visitors
- Use the FLCC directory to find faculty contact information.
- Email or call faculty directly to schedule a time and place to meet.
How to Use Office Hours Effectively
All full-time FLCC faculty are required to hold weekly office hours to provide one-on-one support for students.
7 Great Reasons to Attend Office Hours
- Clarify course materials and assignments
- Get help with difficult course concepts
- Receive feedback on coursework
- Review your academic progress
- Discuss career goals and transfer plans
- Explore opportunities for internships and other academic projects
- Build a professional relationship with faculty
Office Hours Success Strategies
- Schedule an appointment or confirm faculty office hours via email.
- Explain the reason for your meeting in advance whenever possible.
- Review your course materials, assignments, and notes to identify areas of confusion to discuss at the meeting.
- Arrive on time and keep your discussion focused on the subject.
- Ask specific questions and provide context to help explain your concerns.
- Be open to feedback and constructive criticism, and ask for clarification as needed.
- Take notes during the meeting to help remember the information discussed.
- Review notes and organize the information discussed in a way that makes sense.
- Take action on the feedback and advice provided in a timely manner.
- Follow up as needed and thank them for their support.
Remember: our faculty are here for you. Do not hesitate to reach out and ask questions.
Office hour listings are maintained by the Division of Academic & Student Affairs.