Winter Classes at FLCC
Enrolling in a winter course is a great way to make up a class, get caught up on credits, or pursue your interests. Consider taking one of our convenient courses while you're home for the holidays — most are available online.
Winter Session 2022 Dates & Offerings
The Winter Session course schedule is now available! With plenty of courses to choose from, you can fit a winter class into your holiday break.
Winter Session classes begin Dec. 27. Only $230 per credit hour (NYS residents)
Classes vary in length from 3-5 weeks and most are offered online — some at your own pace, some on set dates and times.
- Current student registration begins November 8, 2021
- Non-current student registration begins November 15, 2021
We offer a range of winter courses in areas like business, chemistry, economics, literature, math, physics, public speaking, Spanish, statistics, and more! The credits you earn can apply toward your degree or certificate requirements, lighten your credit load in the spring, and easily transfer back to your home institution if you're not an FLCC student. You can register for up to six credits in the Winter Session.
Course Registration Instructions
Create a WebAdvisor Account
- Current, degree-seeking FLCC students: Connect with your academic advisor prior to registering for winter courses. Your advisor's contact information is in your WebAdvisor account, under the My Profile option. You should already have an established WebAdvisor account. If you cannot access WebAdvisor, contact the One Stop Office.
- Accepted FLCC students, planning to start in the Spring: Use your User ID provided in your acceptance letter to log into WebAdvisor.
- Visiting students: In order to register for an online course, you must create a WebAdvisor account. Select Never taken a class at FLCC before? and choose Create a User ID.
Search and Register for Classes
- Log into WebAdvisor, select Students > Register for Sections under the Registration section. Here, you have a few options for finding and registering for Winter Session courses:
- Select Search and Register for Sections to search by term, subject, instructor, or course title. Add courses to your preferred list.
- Use Express Registration if you know the exact subject, course number, and section, or synonym (ex: MATH*100*01 or Synonym 42765). Add courses to your preferred list.
- Once your preferred list is complete, simply select Register for Previously Selected Sections to finalize your course registration.
- To register by email, fax, or mail, please download and print the registration form . You'll receive a registration confirmation by mail in approximately 3-5 business days.
Understand Prerequisite Requirements
When you search for courses, please make a note of any prerequisite course requirements, which include courses you must complete before enrolling in another course.
- If you're a current, degree-seeking FLCC student, you'll need to contact your advisor prior to registration. If you did not take a prerequisite course at FLCC and have not already provided the College with proof of the prerequisite, you will need to do so.
- If you completed a prerequisite at another institution, you'll need to submit proof of completion (schedule or unofficial transcript). Please email this to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your name, the course you're registering for, and the term.
At FLCC, we're proud to offer quality winter course instruction at a cost that makes pursuing an education accessible and affordable. In many cases, our visiting students pay less for winter coursework at FLCC than they do at their home institution.
Winter Session students pay our standard part-time rate ($230 per credit — includes tuition and standard fees for NYS residents), plus any additional fees for specific courses, labs, and online instruction. For more information about the cost of a specific course, visit the Cost of Attendance page.
Access Your Bill
Initial Winter Session bills will be available electronically beginning the second week of November. Students will be notified via their FLCC email account when a bill is available, and will not receive a paper bill.
Send Us Proof of Residency and Immunization
- Certificate of Residence: New York State residents are required to provide proof of residency annually. For further information, view the certificate of residence requirements. If you haven't been a permanent legal resident of New York State for the year prior to the start of classes, you must pay out-of-state tuition.
- Provide proof of immunization (unless it's already on file at FLCC). Download and submit an immunization form .
Activate Your Blackboard Account
Blackboard is FLCC's course management system. It's where you'll access course materials, complete online assignments, and see your grades. You'll interact with your classmates and instructor, who will post documents, make announcements, send email, create online assignments, and more.
Current degree-seeking FLCC students should see the One Stop Office to inquire about the availability of aid for classes.
Get information about books required for your classes at www.flcc.edu/bookstore. Books are available for purchase through the FLCC bookstore approximately two weeks before the beginning of your classes.