Associate in Science (A.S.)
As a student in this program, you are required to successfully complete a minimum of 64 credit hours of study with a grade point average of no lower than C (2.0). For this degree program, you must successfully complete the following:
- ENG 101 Composition I
- ENG 102 Introduction to Reading Literature
- 3 credit hours of SUNY General Education approved course in Basic Communication: Oral
- 3 credit hours of SUNY General Education The Arts Elective
- 9 credit hours of Social Science Electives
- 9 credit hours of Math Electives/Natural Sciences Electives*
- COM 123 Video Production I
- COM 215 Script Writing OR COM/ENG 223 Media Writing
- COM 220 Digital Video Editing
- COM/DIG 200 Audio for Film and Video
- DIG 100 Introduction to Digital Media
- DIG 120 Digital Media Design
- DIG 210 Introduction to Game and Mobile Application Development
- DIG 230 New Media Production
- CSC 162 Web Site Development for New Media
- CSC 164 Introduction to Scripting for New Media
- 3 credit hours of Health/Physical Education (HPE) Electives
*Must include at least one Mathematics and one Natural Sciences course.
For information on which courses fulfill SUNY General Education Electives and for information on transferring to a four-year school, visit www.flcc.edu/academics/transfer-guidelines.
By your last semester, you'll have a passion for one of the facets of New Media, and you'll focus your skills and interests in your final project.