FLCC is dedicated to informing students about the voter registration process and encouraging students to learn about informed citizenship and democratic participation. Please see below information about registering to vote in New York, and absentee voting.
How and Where to Register to Vote
- You can register in person at your county board of elections or at any New York State Agency-Based voter registration center.
- You may also submit your voter application form at the Department of Motor Vehicles, either in person or on their web site if you already have DMV-issued identification.
- You can request a New York State Voter Registration form by mail by entering your name directly into our mailing list database.
- You can call our 1-800-FOR-VOTE hotline to request a voter application.
New York State Voter Registration Form
You may register to vote using the New York State Voter Registration Form accessible at the links below. You can complete a PDF version of the New York State Voter Registration Form on-line by selecting a link below, typing the necessary information and selecting the appropriate boxes. Alternatively, you can print the form to complete by hand.
- Complete English Voter Registration Form On-line
- Complete Spanish Voter Registration Form On-line
- Once the form is completed, you need to print the form and sign it. We cannot accept any kind of digital or Adobe-generated signature. Then, mail the form to your county board of elections.
You can also complete an accessible version of the New York State Voter Registration Form on-line by selecting a link below, typing the necessary information and selecting the appropriate boxes.
- Accessible English Voter Registration Form On-line
- Accessible Spanish Voter Registration Form On-line
- Once the form is completed, you need to print the form and sign and date it. Then, mail the form to your county board of elections.
Qualifications to Vote by Absentee Ballot
- Absent from your county or, if a resident of New York City absent from said city, on Election Day.
- Unable to appear at the polls due to temporary or permanent illness or disability; or because you are the primary care giver of one or more individuals who are ill or physically disabled.
- A resident or patient of a Veterans Health Administration Hospital.
- Detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony.
How to Vote by Absentee Ballot
- Applications for Absentee Ballots are available at your county board of elections.
- You may also download a PDF version of the New York State Absentee Ballot Application Form
- Download English Absentee Ballot Form
- Download Spanish Absentee Ballot Form
- Upon completion, applications must be mailed to your county board no later than the seventh day before the election or delivered in person no later than the day before the election.
- You may also request an Absentee Ballot by sending a letter to your county board of elections. The letter must be received by your county board no earlier than 30 days and no later than seven days before the election. The letter must contain the following information:
- the address where you are registered
- an address where the ballot is to be sent
- the reason for the request, and
- the signature of the voter
County Board of Elections
ContactsOffice of Student Life
Student Center, Room 2120
flcc.edu/studentlife Melissa Soules
Disability Services Coordinator