Music Recording Technology
As a student in this program, you are required to complete a minimum of 64 credit hours with a grade point average of no lower than C (2.0). For this degree program, you must successfully complete the following:
- MUS 106 Music Theory I*
- MUS 106L Music Theory I Lab
- MUS 107 Music Theory II
- MUS 107L Music Theory II Lab
- MUS 170 Techniques of Audio Recording I
- MUS 177 Introduction to Music Business OR MUS 179 Career Paths in the Music Industry
- MUS 206 Music Theory III
- MUS 206L Music Theory III Lab
- MUS 207 Music Theory IV
- MUS 207L Music Theory IV Lab
- MUS 270 Techniques of Audio Recording II
- MUS 271 Techniques of Audio Recording III
- MUS 272 Techniques of Audio Recording IV
- MUS 290 Sound Reinforcement and Live Recording Techniques
- 4 credit hours of Applied Music Electives** (Four semesters in one specific instrument or voice are required)
- 4 credit hours of Music Ensemble Electives*** (Four semesters are required)
- ENG 101 Composition I
- ENG 103 Composition II
- 3 credit hours of SUNY General Education approved course in Basic Communications: Oral
- 3 credit hours of SUNY General Education approved course in American History, Western Civilization or Other World Civilizations
- 3 credit hours of SUNY General Education approved course in Social Science
- 3 credit hours of SUNY General Education approved course in Mathematics
- 4 credit hours of SUNY General Education approved course in Natural Sciences****
- 2 credit hours of Health/Physical Education (HPE) Electives
* All incoming students must take the Music Theory Placement Test. View details on the Music Theory Placement test.
** Applied Music Electives: MUS 131 Piano, MUS 132 Voice, MUS 133 Trumpet, MUS 134 Flute, MUS 135 Classical Guitar, MUS 137 Saxophone, MUS 146 Drumset, MUS 159 Oboe, MUS 160 Percussion, MUS 161 French Horn, MUS 163 Jazz Bass, MUS 164 Trombone, MUS 165 Clarinet, MUS 167 Jazz Piano, MUS 168 Jazz Guitar and MUS 169 Jazz Voice (Four semesters in one specific instrument or voice required). Students wishing to enter a 2+2 program should consult with their advisor regarding the specific requirements of the transfer school.
*** Music Ensemble Electives: MUS 109 Vocal Jazz Ensemble, MUS 118 Guitar Ensemble, MUS 119 Percussion Ensemble, MUS 120 Finger Lakes Chorale, MUS 125 Finger Lakes Camerata, MUS 126 College Singers, MUS 127 Jazz Ensemble, MUS 129 Performance Class I, MUS 145 Chamber Wind Ensemble and MUS 229 Performance Class II (Four semesters required).
**** PHY 105 Physics of Sound is recommended
For information on which courses fulfill SUNY General Education Electives and for information on transferring to a four-year school, visit www.flcc.edu/academics/transfer-guidelines.