Associate in Science (A.S.)
The schedule below shows how the requirements for this degree may be met in four semesters. For some students, fulfilling degree requirements may take more than four semesters to complete. When planning your schedule, you should consult with your advisor.
First Semester (17 Credit Hours)
- ENG 101 Composition I (3)
- BIO 121 General Biology I (4)
- CHM 121 General Chemistry I (4)
- MAT 152 Pre-Calculus (Survey of Functions II) (3)
- CSC 134 Core Word (1)
- CSC 135 Core Excel (1)
- CSC 136 PowerPoint (1)
Second Semester (19 Credit Hours)
- ENG 102 Introduction to Reading Literature (3) or ENG 103 Composition II (3)
- BIO 122 General Biology II (4)
- BIO 240 Principles of Genetics (3)
- BIO 241 Laboratory in Genetics (1)
- CHM 122 General Chemistry II (4)
- MAT 271 Calculus I (4)
Third Semester (15-18 Credit Hours)
- BIO 222 Introduction to Cell Biology (3)
- BIO 230 Microbiology (4)
- BIO 283 Electrophoresis (1)
- BIO 287 Introduction to Biomanufacturing I (1)
- History (HIS) Elective (3)
- General Elective* (2-5)
- Health/Physical Education (HPE) Elective (1)
Fourth Semester (13-17 Credit Hours)
- COM 110 Public Speaking (3)
- BIO 286 Cell and Tissue Culture (1)
- BIO 288 Introduction to Biomanufacturing II (1)
- Social Science Electives** (6)
- Health/Physical Education (HPE) Elective*** (1)
- General Elective**** (1-5)
* In the third semester, it is strongly recommended that students take CHM 211 Organic Chemistry I if planning to transfer to a four-year institution for biotechnology or biosciences.
** In the fourth semester, students must complete one Social Science course that meets one of the following three competencies not met by the History (HIS) Elective: US History, Western Civilization, or Other World/Non-Western Civilization.
*** In the fourth semester, it is recommended that students take HPE 214 Advanced First Aid, CPR and AED if planning to enter the job market.
**** In the fourth semester, it is strongly recommended that students take CHM 212 Organic Chemistry II if planning to transfer to a four-year institution for biotechnology or biosciences.
Schedule Updated: July 1, 2021