Liberal Arts and Sciences: French Track
Associate in Arts (A.A.)
Career Outlook: World Languages
Are you interested in a career that allows you to use multiple languages while interacting with people from all around the world? Learning a second language gives you a considerable advantage in today's globalized job market. Bilingual employees can earn 5% to 20% more than those who speak only one language. Career paths exist both domestically and abroad in a wide variety of areas including business, communications, education, government, law, medicine, public relations, and tourism.
A.A. Program Overview
FLCC's French track provides you with skills that an increasing number of employers desire. Studying a world language refines your oral and written communication skills in both English and French, improves your ability to think critically, and expands your global perspective.
Job candidates who can think critically and communicate well are valuable to potential employers. The ability to do this in two different languages opens up even more opportunities. Some additional skills you will acquire in the French track include:
- The ability to communicate with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- The adaptability to function in unfamiliar situations and environments.
- Increased cognitive processing and the ability to multitask.
- The ability to handle both difficult and abstract tasks.
Online learning provides a convenient and flexible way to earn an education. Study on your time and from a location that fits your busy schedule. With this option, this track is available partially online. Learn more about FLCC online learning.
A.A. Program Outcomes
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree program, students will have the ability to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in writing at the college level.
- Develop proficiency in oral discourse.
- Demonstrate proficiency in critical thinking.
- Develop the ability to use computer technology for research and production.
- Recognize the knowledge, skills, and values that will contribute to involvement in one's community.
- Identify the knowledge and skills necessary to live interdependently in a diverse, sustainable global community.
- Demonstrate the ability to comprehend, interpret, analyze, and evaluate college-level materials.
Seamless Transfer Opportunities
FLCC's French track has transfer articulation agreements with several colleges and universities in New York and across the country. Graduates of the French track will be able to transfer to four-year institutions such as:
- Nazareth College
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- St. John Fisher University
- SUNY Geneseo
- SUNY Brockport
- University of Rochester
Low-Cost Tuition and Scholarship Opportunities
Earn a quality education at an affordable rate. With our low cost-per-credit and general scholarship opportunities, you can maximize your potential with minimal debt. Over 75% of FLCC students receive financial awards that reduce the cost of college — or cover it completely!
The World Languages faculty at FLCC holds bachelor and advanced degrees in French, Spanish, Linguistics, and International Education. They spend many hours each year in continuing education and professional development activities honing their language skills and cultural knowledge. The faculty are dedicated to the philosophy that students are capable of developing language proficiency and cultural competency when careful and engaging instruction is combined with the appropriate dedication and effort on the part of the student.
Explore Your Career Options
Map out a path toward your future career, and discover opportunities related to this area of study.