Skip to Navigation

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is my current GPA? (Grade Point Average)

A: Cumulative averages are determined solely on the basis of points and credits earned at FLCC. Transfer credit does not affect your GPA. The GPA is calculated by dividing the total of each semester's quality points by the total of each semester's credits.

Q: Why do I need a Drop/Add slip signed by the instructor(s) when I am just changing sections of a class?

A: Once a class begins, students must request permission from the instructor to be added into the class, even if it is only a change of course section. Once permission is given, the instructor will sign a Drop/Add form to indicate permission.  The completed, instructor signed drop/add form can be returned to the One Stop Center, Geneva Campus Center, Victor Campus Center, or Wayne County Campus Center.   Instructor permission for online courses can be obtained by emailing the instructor.  Once permission is granted, instructors can email to indicate permission; the One Stop Center will process the add from the email.

Q: If I am wait listed for a class, how will I know that I was moved to registered status?

A: From Priority Registration until the week before a term begins, wait lists are monitored on a weekly basis and students are moved from wait list to registered status. If you are moved from the wait list, you will receive a revised schedule in the mail.

Q: Who is my advisor?

A: Advisors are assigned to new full-time students at the beginning of each semester. All new students who are assigned to an advisor receive an email to their FLCC email account (  Alternately, your advisor’s name and contact information can be obtained from WebAdvisor ( or by contacting the Registrar’s Office.

Q: How do I find out my grades?

A: Grades are posted to WebAdvisor ( approximately 7 - 10 days after the conclusion of each semester.   If you need to receive a formal copy of your grade report, please call the Registrar’s Office.

Q: Can I receive my grades by telephone?

A: Because we are unable to verify the identity of any caller, grades are not released by telephone to protect the student's right to privacy.

Q: I am planning to complete my graduation requirements but have not yet completed a Graduation Application form. Will I still be able to graduate?

A: Students must complete a Graduation ApplicationAdobe Acrobat, PDF to be considered for graduation. Unless this form is completed, you will not be graduated from FLCC, even if you complete all of your degree requirements. The form should be completed at the time you register for your last semester of classes and submitted to the Student Records Office.  Once submitted, students will receive an evaluation of degree requirements prior to the beginning of their final semester.  This evaluation notifies the student if they are registered for the correct courses to satisfy degree requirements.

Q: How do I change my address with the College?

A: Address changes can be submitted online using WebAdvisor, or by submitting an address change formAdobe Acrobat, PDF to the Registrar’s Office.

Q: When will I receive information about Commencement?

A: Students that have graduated during the past year, or who are expecting to graduate in the immediate Spring or Summer semester, receive information about Commencement in late-March.  Information about Commencement is also available on the College’s Web site at