Hosting Your Event at FLCC
Finger Lakes Community College’s auditorium, lecture halls, classrooms, meeting rooms and athletic facilities are available to community groups when not in use for college programming.
If you are interested in renting college facilities, here are some tips for getting started:
- Think about your event from start to finish. What dates and times are you considering? How long will it take to set up and tear down?
- What kind of event are you planning? How many people will attend?
- Will you want to serve food? Will you need a podium, a microphone or a projector to show a presentation or video?
- What is your budget? Keep in mind that in addition to the cost of the room or food, events held during evenings and weekends may incur costs for FLCC staff time.
Renting FLCC facilities requires completion of a rental application, proof of insurance and a deposit at least two weeks before the date of the event.
Your application must be received at least 30 days before the event by the FLCC Community Affairs Office at email@example.com or FLCC Community Affairs, 3325 Marvin Sands Dr., Room B128, Canandaigua, NY 14424. Community Affairs will provide a quote and followup information for confirming your reservation.
Below are descriptions of FLCC rooms. Please check our rental rates.
If you have questions, please contact the FLCC Community Affairs Office.Jessica Youngman, public relations and events coordinator
Lenore Friend, director of public relations and community affairs
The acoustic qualities of the auditorium can be electronically tuned to optimize sound quality for a wide-range of performances. Located on the second floor of the Student Center (See the tan-colored area on the FLCC building map), it also features:
- Lighting for stage productions, classes and lectures
- State-of-the-art digital audio sound system (48 channel AVID Venue SC48)
- Music recording booth for live performance recordings
- Partial fly system for flying in scenery, curtains, etc.
- Video projector and 10-foot high by 18-foot wide screen (1080p high-def video)
- Concert grand piano with storage space
- Seating capacity: 409, including 3 wheelchair spaces
- Apron: 40 feet wide in a convex curve
- Proscenium: 17 feet high, 40 feet wide
- Stage depth: 32 feet from front of apron to back wall at center line, 23 feet from back of proscenium to back wall
Additional details regarding stage wings, scenery travel limits, fly system, catwalks, curtains, and lighting positions are available at (585) 785-1340.
Note: Use of the FLCC auditorium requires a production meeting at least 30 days before the event to determine staff needs and actual costs.
This versatile space adjacent to the Finger Lakes Café and Dining Room on the second floor of the Student Center can be used for smaller performances, presentations or dinners.
- Capacity: 140 with auditorium seating, approximately 80 for dinner seating
- Removable stage platform
- Projector and screen
- Theatre lighting, sound system
Finger Lakes Café
The Finger Lakes Café on the second-floor of the Student Center can accommodate up to 300 people for banquets and special events. It has a projector, screen and sound system for presentations. Half the space consists of fixed booth seating while half can be customized.
LeChase Construction Auditorium Lobby
This second-floor lobby immediately outside the FLCC auditorium can be used for receptions alone or in combination with adjoining spaces.
George M. Ewing Atrium
This is the first-floor main lobby to the college and may be used for smaller presentations and receptions alone or in combination with other spaces.
The Student Lounge adjacent to the Finger Lakes Café and the FLCC auditorium on the second floor of the Student Center is a carpeted area with upholstered chairs that can be used for receptions alone or in combination with adjoining spaces.
FLCC has two lecture halls on the second floor of the D-wing with auditorium-style seating for 90 and built-in projection systems. Both were refurbished in spring 2013.
Classrooms and Meeting Rooms
Various sized classrooms and meeting rooms can accommodate groups from as small as 10 to as many as 100. Audio and visual equipment vary by room. Please call for details.
Computer labs are available for classes and testing. Room sizes vary. Please call for details.
FLCC Victor Campus Center
For information about room rates and availability in the Victor Campus Center, call (585) 785-1100.