How to Apply for Financial Aid
All applicants seeking financial assistance must submit appropriate application materials and documentation. Applications are considered according to the date they are finalized.
Steps for Applying
Recommended filing deadline is March 15 for the 2016-2017 school year. You should file as soon after Jan. 1 as possible.
- Create an FSA User ID at www.pin.ed.gov.
- Video: How to Create an FSA User ID
- Note: Dependent students must have one parent register too.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov and submit it with the appropriate FSA User IDs.
- Visit the NYS Higher Education Services website to complete an online Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application. This link can be found on the FAFSA confirmation page. Review the TAP application for accuracy and submit.
- Interested in applying for a Federal Stafford Loan?
All students will be offered a Federal Stafford Loan(s). Those interested in borrowing will need to login to WebAdvisor at http://webadvisor.flcc.edu to accept all or a portion of the offered loan. New borrowers will also need to complete a Federal Direct Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) and a Federal Direct Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling Session. Both can be completed at www.studentloans.gov. You will need your FSA User ID to login.
The College should receive a student’s processed FAFSA within 3-5 business days. At that point, students will be notified if additional information is needed. Keep copies of all tax returns and W2 forms as this information may be required by the College.
Finger Lakes Community College does not discriminate in its employment and educational processes. View our Nondiscrimination Notice.
To view the FAFSA tutorial titled "Seven Easy Steps to Completing the FAFSA, A Student's Guide to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid" click here.
Financial Aid Award Notices
Once the Financial Aid Office has received all requested financial aid paperwork, aid eligibility will be determined and students will be mailed a paper Financial Aid Award Notice (also called your SUNY Smart Track Award Letter). This notice will show both the aid being offered by the College and estimates of aid that should be received from outside agencies. Notices of award are prepared on a rolling basis beginning in March. If awards change, students will be sent an e-mail notification and asked to login to WebAdvisor to view revised awards. New students who don't know their WebAdvisor user ID or password, should click on the Guest Menu to access the What's My User ID and What's My Password options.