Skip to Navigation

Applying for EOP as a First-Time Student

Eligibility Requirements

To be eligible for EOP as a first-time college student, you must:

  • Be a New York State resident.
  • Complete and file an application for admission to FLCC, and be admitted to a degree program.
  • Apply for financial aid by filing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and Express TAP (Tuition Assistance Program) Applications.
  • Register as a full-time student (12 or more credits).
  • Meet academic and income guidelines (see below).

Eligibility for EOP does not guarantee admission to the program. EOP is a program funded and administered under the State University of New York, and the number of students approved to participate is limited. EOP admissions will be closed when we reach our maximum enrollment in the program for each semester. Priority for EOP admission is given to students who:

  1. Show evidence of historical educational and financial disadvantage.
  2. Demonstrate potential to be academically successful with EOP support.
  3. Complete application and income verification earliest.

We usually begin processing fall EOP applications in February or March, and spring applications in October. Although applications may be submitted through early August (for fall admission) or early January (for spring admission), students are encouraged to apply well in advance of these deadlines. Any applicant is encouraged to contact the EOP Office at any time with questions relating to EOP admission.

FLCC EOP Supplemental Application

After filing the FLCC Application for Admission or the SUNY Application, your next step in applying for EOP at FLCC is to print, complete, sign, and return the supplemental application at the link below. We will not review eligibility and make an admission decision until we receive this form:

Income Guidelines

The table below lists financial guidelines for EOP eligibility during the 2015-2016 academic year. In order to be determined economically disadvantaged, a student’s household income must not exceed the amount shown for its size or the student’s circumstances must conform to one of the exceptions indicated.

For students first entering college during the 2015-16 academic year -- total annual income in calendar year 2014 must not exceed:

Household Size
(including head of household)
Total Annual Income in
Prev. Calendar Year*
1 $21,775
2 $29,471
3 $37,167
4 $44,863
5 $52,559
6 $60,255
7 $67,951
8 $75,647
* Add $7,696 for each additional household/family member in excess of eight

Income Guidelines Also Do Not Apply If...

  • The student’s family is the recipient of Family Assistance or Safety Net payments through the New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance or through a county Department of Social Services; or of Family Day Care payments through the New York State Office of Children and Family Assistance or a county Department of Social Services;
  • The student lives with foster parents who do not provide support for college and the student’s natural parents provide no such support;
  • The student is a ward of the state or county.

Financial Eligibility Documentation for EOP Admission

In order for us to see that you are financially eligible for EOP as a first-time college student, you must give us proof of all your sources of family income. We must have documents on file verifying the total yearly amount of income from all sources, taxable and non-taxable. Students who are considered dependent for financial aid purposes need to provide income documents for themselves as well as parents. Please understand that we may request additional information after receiving your FAFSA, tax returns, and other documents listed here, if necessary to finalize your eligibility.

Send required documents to the EOP Office. Please note that, if the Financial Aid Office has copies of income documents, the EOP Office does not need a second copy.

Income Source Documents Required
Taxable Income Federal income tax return 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ, and copies of actual W2 and 1099 forms. Copies of the actual tax return with signatures or an IRS tax transcript are acceptable.
If Federal Income Tax filing was not required Proof of non-filing is required, and may be obtained by filling out a federal form 4506-T requesting proof of non-filing, give us a copy, send the original form to the IRS, and provide us with confirmation from the IRS that you did not file a tax return.
Child Support Received for all children Provide a statement from the county Support Collection Unit, or a copy of the legal separation agreement or court order, documenting the total amount received during the year.
Public Assistance / Social Services / Welfare Provide a statement from each county Department of Social Services from which benefits have been received.
Social Security Provide 1099 or equivalent statement from Social Security Administration for each member of the household receiving benefits, documenting total received during the year.
Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Provide 1099 or equivalent statement from Social Security Administration for each member of the household receiving benefits, documenting total received during the year.
Workers’ Compensation and/or private disability payments Provide a statement from an agency or insurance company stating total amount received during the year.
Business income reported on Schedule C or F Provide a copy of Schedules C and/or F, from federal tax return along with a statement of the current net worth of your (and your spouse’s) current business(es) and/or investment farm.
Rental real estate, other real investments Provide a copy of Schedule E from your federal tax return along with a statement of the current net worth of your (and your spouse’s) investments, including real estate. Do not include the home in which you live.

Please note: If you were selected for verification, you must also send the appropriate verification documents to the Financial Aid Office.

Academic Guidelines

First-time students must have documents on file with the Admissions Office showing they meet at least one of the following as evidence of academic under-preparedness:

  • Have graduated from an accredited high school:
    • with an average of 85-65, or
    • in a vocational program, or
    • lacking college preparatory coursework in academic areas required for the college major area (i.e., math and science courses).
  • Possess a high school equivalency diploma (GED).
  • Be a non-high school graduate enrolled in the Ability to Benefit Program, which allows eligible students to receive a GED by successfully completing 24 college credits.

Other evidence of under-preparedness may also be given consideration, such as a requirement for pre-requisite academic or developmental coursework as a result of basic skills testing.

Deadlines for applying are early August for fall and early January for spring.