A.S. Business Administration Accelerated
Associate in Science (A.S.)
Employment among business managers is expected to grow at a faster rate than the average through 2020. Demand for the workers with business education and experience will grow as organizations continue to seek ways to improve efficiency and control costs.
If you've been thinking about starting or finishing a degree, you're probably also trying to figure out how to fit an education into your already busy life. With FLCC's innovative accelerated program in Business Administration, you'll take advantage of a schedule and course load that is designed for busy but motivated adults seeking to earn a versatile and in-demand college degree
Hybrid Courses: The Best of Both Worlds
Using hybrid learning - a combination of in-class and online learning - you can earn your degree in as little as two years by attending class just once a week. All face-to-face classes take place at the conveniently-located FLCC Victor Campus Center, and you'll also have the option of earning college credit online. Students in the accelerated program take two classes at a time for two seven-week "Minimesters" (or mini semesters) while also taking a full 15-week class online or in-person.
Make no mistake - this program is intense. While classes meet in-person only once per week, there is significant out-of-class time spent online and on-task. But if you are a goal-oriented adult who understands the important role a college degree plays in your future success, this could be just the program for you.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree program, students will be able:
- apply mathematical principles and concepts to solve problems.
- explore issues, ideas and data to formulate a plan of action.
- identify the skills and knowledge necessary for businesses to succeed in the global community.
- show the ability to identify, evaluate, use, and share information from current event resources.
- apply marketing concepts as they relate to the marketplace and be able to apply this understanding to their entrance into taking upper-level college courses.
- utilize the four basic financial statements and provide a managerial analysis of these statements in anticipation to their entrance into taking upper-level college courses.
- demonstrate how a business makes decisions by studying economic trends in anticipation to their entrance into taking upper-level college courses.
- employprofessional values and honesty in preparation to their entrance into a four-year college.
FLCC's degree in Business Administration prepares you to face the challenges of an ever-changing and diverse business world. The faculty have real-world experience as managers, business owners, and certified public accountants, and they relate that experience to the theories they teach in class.
This degree is designed for transferring to a four-year institution. Students who successfully complete all courses in sequence will graduate in two academic years and may transfer to any other college, or continue on with one of FLCC's strategic partners, such as Keuka College or University of Maryland University College (UMUC).
Business Administration students who meet specific award criteria are eligible for the Finger Lakes Business Education Partnership Scholarship, Finger Lakes Development Center for Business Scholarship, Carol Scharett Memorial Scholarship, and the Martin Schneider Canandaigua Rotary Scholarship. For details, contact a member of the Business Department faculty or the Financial Aid Office.
The Business Administration faculty bring a diverse background of practical experiences to the classroom environment. As a result, faculty are able to enrich the learning experience and assist the students with achieving a level of competency appropriate for success in the workplace and for transfer to four-year colleges. The faculty are dedicated, caring, professionals who are known for their commitment to students and their education. Additionally, the department has faculty who have received the prestigious Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching.