A.S. Business Administration Accelerated
Associate in Science (A.S.)
Employment among business managers is expected to grow at a faster rate than the average through 2020. The demand for workers that have a business education along with relevant experience will increase as organizations continue to seek ways to improve efficiency and control costs.
If you've been thinking about starting or finishing a degree, you're probably also trying to figure out how to fit an education into your already busy life. With FLCC's innovative A.S. business administration accelerated degree program, you'll take advantage of a schedule and course load that is designed for busy, motivated adults seeking to earn a versatile and in-demand college degree.
Hybrid Courses: The Best of Both Worlds
Using hybrid learning - a combination of in-class and online learning - you can earn your degree in as little as two years by attending class just once a week. All face-to-face classes take place at the conveniently located FLCC Victor Campus Center. In addition, the option of earning college credit online is available. As a program major, you will take two classes at a time for two seven-week (which are referred to as mini semesters) periods and in addition will also take a full 15-week class online or in person. While classes meet in person once a week, there is significant out-of-class time spent online and on task. If you are a goal-oriented adult that understands the important role a college degree plays in your future success, you are exploring the right program.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree program, students will be able to:
- Apply mathematical principles and concepts to solve problems.
- Explore issues, ideas and data to formulate a plan of action.
- Identify the skills and knowledge necessary for businesses to succeed in the global community.
- Show the ability to identify, evaluate, use, and share information from current event resources.
- Apply marketing concepts as they relate to the marketplace and be able to apply this understanding to their entrance into taking upper-level college courses.
- Utilize the four basic financial statements and provide a managerial analysis of these statements in anticipation to their entrance into taking upper-level college courses.
- Demonstrate how a business makes decisions by studying economic trends in anticipation to their entrance into taking upper-level college courses.
- Employ professional values and honesty in preparation to their entrance into a four-year college.
FLCC's A.S. business administration accelerated degree program prepares you to face the challenges of an ever-changing and diverse business world. The faculty has real-world experience as managers, business owners, and certified public accountants and they relate that experience to the theories they teach in class.
The A.S. degree is designed for transferring to a four-year institution. If you successfully complete all courses in sequence, you will graduate in two academic years and may transfer to any other college, or continue on with one of FLCC's strategic partners such as:
- Keuka College
- University of Maryland University College (UMUC)
Business administration students that meet specific award criteria are eligible for the following scholarships:
- Finger Lakes Development Center for Business
- Carol Scharett Memorial
- Martin Schneider Canandaigua Rotary
The business administration faculty brings a diverse background of practical experiences to the classroom environment. As a result, faculty are able to enrich the learning experience and assist the students with achieving a level of competency appropriate for success in the workplace and for transfer to four-year colleges. The faculty is a dedicated and caring professional group that is known for their commitment to students and their education. Additionally, the department has faculty members that have received the prestigious Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching.