Looking for a convenient and flexible way to reach your educational goals? Online learning could be just what you are looking for. Whether it’s one class or an entire degree program, online learning lets you choose when, where, and how you get your education. Students that are successful online learners possess motivation, discipline, time management skills, and are comfortable using a computer and the internet.
Benefits to Taking Online Classes
- Anytime, anywhere learning: Online access helps students overcome job, time, and geographic location obstacles.
- Independence and flexibility: Some learners find that online learning meets their learning style better than face-to-face courses.
- Dedicated, experienced instructors: Faculty that teach our online courses are often the same faculty you would get if you took a face-to-face course.
- A proven solution: FLCC has been selected as one of the premiere online learning programs in New York State. As an OPEN SUNY Plus campus, our courses and degree programs have gone through a rigorous process of quality assurance.
Online Degree Programs:
FLCC has several fully accredited degree programs:
(most courses are regularly available)
- A.A.S. Accounting
- A.A.S. Business Administration
- A.S. Business Administration
- A.S. Computer Science
- A.A.S. e-Commerce
- A.S. Information Systems
- A.A. and A.S. Liberal Arts and Sciences
- A.S. Sports Studies
- A.A.S. Tourism Management - Powered by Open SUNY
- A.S. Tourism Studies
The following degrees are available at least 50 percent online. Please call (585)785-1733 for current status.
- A.A.S. Chemical Dependency Counseling
- A.S. Communications
- A.A.S. Criminal Justice
- A.S. Fine Arts
- A.S. Game Programming and Design
- A.S. Human Services
- A.A.S. Marketing
- Certificate Applied Computer Applications
- Certificate Criminal Justice
There are many more online degree programs currently in development. Check this area for details! Please note there is an additional fee associated with online courses.
Hybrid courses offer the "best of both worlds" by combining face-to-face classroom instruction with online learning activities. In a typical hybrid course, students will attend class on-campus for a limited amount of time during the semester and then complete additional coursework online through the campus course management system. Depending on the course, students may meet once a week or just a few times throughout each semester. Learn more about Hybrid Courses.
Registering for Courses
If you need any assistance gaining access to your course(s), please contact the SUNY Learning Network help desk at email@example.com or 1(800)875-6269. The help desk will provide support for online and face-to-face courses.
Office of Online Learning
We know there is more to being an online student than just coursework. Not sure where to call to get your questions answered? Call (585)785-1733 and FLCC’s Office of Online Learning will connect you with the information you need. From that number, you can connect with many offices across the College as well as the SLN help desk.