Music Recording Technology
As a student in this program, you are required to complete a minimum of 64 credit hours with a grade point average of no lower than C (2.0). For this degree program, you must successfully complete the following:
- ENG 101 Composition I
- ENG 103 Composition II
- COM 100 Human Communication OR COM 110 Public Speaking OR COM 115 Interpersonal Communication
- 3 credit hours of SUNY General Education approved The Arts Electives
- 3 credit hours of SUNY General Education approved History (HIS) Electives
- 3 credit hours of SUNY General Education approved Social Science Electives
- 3 credit hours of SUNY General Education approved Mathematics Electives
- PHY 105 Physics of Sound
- 4 credit hours of Applied Music Electives* (Four semesters in one specific instrument or voice are required)
- 4 credit hours of Music Ensemble Electives** (Four semesters are required)
- MUS 106 Music Theory I
- MUS 106L Music Theory I Lab
- MUS 107 Music Theory II
- MUS 107L Music Theory II Lab
- MUS 170 Techniques of Audio Recording I
- MUS 177 Introduction to Music Business OR MUS 178 Music Licensing and Revenue Streams OR MUS 179 Career Paths in the Music Industry
- MUS 206 Music Theory III
- MUS 206L Music Theory III Lab
- MUS 207 Music Theory IV
- MUS 207L Music Theory IV Lab
- MUS 270 Techniques of Audio Recording II
- MUS 271 Techniques of Audio Recording III
- MUS 272 Techniques of Audio Recording IV
- 2 credit hours of Health/Physical Education (HPE) Electives
* Applied Music Electives: MUS 131 Piano, MUS 132 Voice, MUS 133 Trumpet, MUS 134 Flute, MUS 135 Classical Guitar, MUS 137 Saxophone, MUS 146 Drumset, MUS 160 Percussion, MUS 161 French Horn, MUS 163 Jazz Bass, MUS 164 Trombone, MUS 165 Clarinet, MUS 167 Jazz Piano, MUS 168 Jazz Guitar and MUS 169 Jazz Voice (Four semesters in one specific instrument or voice required). Students wishing to enter a 2+2 program should consult with their advisor regarding the specific requirements of the transfer school.
** Music Ensemble Electives: MUS 109 Vocal Jazz Ensemble, MUS 118 Guitar Ensemble, MUS 119 Percussion Ensemble, MUS 120 Finger Lakes Chorale, MUS 125 Finger Lakes Camerata, MUS 126 College Singers, MUS 127 Jazz Ensemble, MUS 129 Performance Class I, MUS 145 Chamber Wind Ensemble and MUS 229 Performance Class II (Four semesters required).
For information on which courses fulfill Liberal Arts (Humanities, Social Science, Natural Science and Mathematics), General, and Physical Education Electives, visit www.flcc.edu/academics/electives.
For information on which courses fulfill SUNY General Education Electives and for information on transferring to a four-year school, visit www.flcc.edu/academics/transfer-guidelines.