Liberal Arts and Sciences with Advisement Area in Humanities
As a student in this program, you are required to complete a minimum of 64 credit hours with a grade point average of not less than C (2.0). For this degree program, you must successfully complete the following:
- ENG 101 Composition I
- ENG 102 Introduction to Literature
- COM 110 Public Speaking OR COM 115 Interpersonal Communication
- 3 credit hours of Humanities Electives
- 3 credit hours of History (HIS) Electives
- 9 credit hours of Social Science Electives
- 9 credit hours of Mathematics Electives/Science Electives (Must include at least one Math and one Science course.)
Liberal Arts Electives
- 9 credit hours of Liberal Arts Electives
- 3 credit hours of Art Electives
- 3 credit hours of Computer Science Electives
- 4 credit hours of Health/Physical Education (PE) Electives
- The remainder of the required credit hours must be made up of approved electives. If you plan to prepare for transfer into a specific subject area or degree program at a four-year college or university, you should consult with your advisor regarding your course selection.
If you plan to transfer to a four-year institution, you should follow the general education course requirements for transfer to SUNY and non-SUNY schools. Visit the course requirements for transfer programs web page for details.