Office of Professional Learning & Leadership Development
The Office of Professional Learning & Leadership Development (PLLD) promotes and supports a culture of learning for all employees of the College in order to ultimately foster student success. By providing coordination among various projects and offices, PLLD fosters our ability to innovate, lead, and advance as employees and as a College.
We encompass the Gladys M. Snyder Center for Teaching and Learning and the Center for Professional Excellence. Both centers are driven by faculty and staff, providing a range of opportunities such as workshops, conferences, consulting services, and professional learning communities. PLLD is an employee's first stop to enhance their knowledge and skills in support of their professional goals.
- Increase knowledge and use of evidence-based, high-impact practices for faculty and staff
- Encourage faculty members' inquiry into and implementation of best practices in teaching and learning
- Build professional learning supports for adjunct faculty, engaging and integrating them as vital members of the FLCC community
- Enhance the communication, group facilitation, and management skills of campus leaders
- Connect college projects and offices to coordinate professional learning across the campus
- Cultivate a culture of long-term professional growth, helping faculty and staff persevere toward their professional and career goals