FLCC's Main Campus Makeover
The FLCC Student Center opened March 19, 2012, marking the completion of the first of two phases to update the main campus to accommodate a larger student population and provide a state-of-the-art learning environment.
The two-story, 78,000-square-foot addition is the new main entrance for the FLCC building.
Here are some key features of the Student Center:
On the first floor:
- A new bookstore twice the size of the old
- The One Stop Center, the first stop for any enrollment questions regarding Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Student Records, and Educational Planning and Career Services.
On the second floor:
- A new cafeteria with double the capacity of the old
- A new performance room with removable stage
- A 409-seat auditorium for theatrical performances, concerts, community forums and classes.
- Student Life rooms for student clubs and activities
- A new, larger student lounge
The FLCC Student Center is also the first public building in Ontario County designed to be certified as environmentally friendly under the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) rating system of the U.S. Green Building Council. The building has 192 solar panels on the roof, low-maintenance landscaping, high-efficiency heating and cooling systems, low-flow plumbing, 95 percent recycled structural steel, stone quarried in New York state and sustainably harvested wood products.
The relocation of offices and facilities to the Student Center freed up space in the main building to be renovated into 26 additional classrooms and laboratories.