Small Business Development Center
Serving Ontario and Wayne counties
The SBDC provides free services to help you and your business succeed. Services include developing business and marketing plans, developing funding sources, preparing for e-commerce, assessing an invention’s viability, identifying avenues for exporting goods and services and complying with licensing and regulations. Since its start in 1987, the expert advisors of the Brockport/ Rochester SBDC have worked directly with over ten thousand businesses, helping them invest millions in the area's economy, and generate thousands of jobs.
We help our clients:
- understand the importance of a business plan
- discover sources of funding
- prepare for e-commerce
- identify avenues for exporting goods & services
- develop marketing plans
- assess an invention's viability
- comply with licensing & regulations
The NYS/SBDC is partially funded by the U.S. Small Business Administration, administered by the State University of New York.
On the Web
If you or your business resides in New York, the SBDC can maneuver you around the obstacles to success. For additional information visit the following online resources.
- US Small Business Administration
- NY State Small Business Development Centers
- NY Loves Small Business
- Ontario County Economic Development & Industrial Development Agency
- Wayne County Industrial Development Agency
- Yates County Industrial Development Agency
- Seneca County Industrial Development Agency
- Finger Lakes Workforce Investment Board
- Canandaigua Chamber of Commerce
- Downtown Canandaigua
- Geneva Area Chamber of Commerce
- Yates County Chamber of Commerce
- Seneca County Chamber of Commerce
- Finger Lakes National Business Information Clearinghouse
*Links to external, or third party websites, are provided solely for visitors' convenience. Links taken to other sites are done so at your own risk and FLCC accepts no liability for any linked sites, their content or services rendered.