Home Health Aide
The demand for experienced home health aides continues to increase—largely due to our aging population and a preference for at-home health care. Learn how to care for patients in private residences by providing basic medical and personal services. Home health aides are employed by home health agencies, hospitals and nursing homes.
Students will learn the Home Care Core Curriculum and the Health Related Tasks Curriculum. Subjects will include but are not limited to:
- An introduction to home care and effectively working with a variety of populations in their homes
- Nutrition and meal preparation
- Assisting in self-medication
- Safety and accident prevention
- Assisting with exercise programs and medical equipment
- Assisting with special medical conditions and needs.
Home Health Aides must be:
- At least 18 years of age.
- An ethical person.
- Able to pass a fingerprint screen.
Note: Driver’s license is preferred.
Tuition and fees are $1250.00. Includes all course materials and one set of scrubs.
Dual Certificate Nurse’s Assistant/Home Health Aide
The Nurse’s Assistant field and the Home Health Aide field are closely related and duties often overlap. Boost your employability by obtaining both certificates through FLCC’s NA/HHA training. Through this combination program, you’ll be ready for a great career in the health care field.
Tuition and fees for FLCC’s Dual Certificate NA/HHA training are $2,500, which includes all NA program items and HHA materials, all NA/HHA exams, and the NYS NA Certification (upon passing the NA exam). This NA/HHA training is your first step toward a rewarding career.
You may be eligible to receive funding for these programs. Learn about the variety of ways you can finance your education.