Dual Certificate Nurse’s Assistant/Home Health Aide
The Nurse’s Assistant field and the Home Health Aide field are closely related and duties often overlap. Boost your employability by obtaining both certificates through FLCC’s NA/HHA training. Through this combination program, you’ll be ready for a great career in the health care field!
Nurse’s Assistant course content includes:
- Patient care (clinical and classroom)
- Patient safety
- Infection control procedures
- Moving, feeding and caring for patients
- Nutrition and diet therapy
- Assisting with admissions and exams
- Communication with the patient
- Patient self care
- Pre and postoperative care
- Anatomy and physiology
- Circulation and respiratory care
- Elimination procedures
- Human sexuality
- Job seeking and retention skills
Home Health Aide course content includes:
- An introduction to home care and effectively working with a variety of populations in their homes
- Nutrition and meal preparation
- Assisting in self-medication
- Safety and accident prevention
- Assisting with exercise programs and medical equipment
- Assisting with special medical conditions and needs.
Nurse’s Assistants must be:
- At least 16 years of age.
- A high school graduate, working on a G.E.D., or reading at a 9th grade level.
- In good health. MMR and PPD immunization records must be up to date.
- Dependable, patient, tactful, and have a desire to help people.
- Able to communicate well and have positive relationships with patients.
Home Health Aides must be:
- At least 18 years of age.
- An ethical person.
- Able to pass a fingerprint screen.
Note: Driver’s license is preferred.
Tuition and fees for FLCC’s Dual Certificate NA/HHA training is $2,500.00, which includes all NA program items and HHA materials, all NA/HHA exams, and the NYS NA Certification (upon passing the NA exam). This NA/HHA training is your first step toward a rewarding career!
You may be eligible to receive funding for this program. Learn about the variety of ways you can finance your education.
Note: need to recertify? Contact New York State at 1.800.321.6443 to find out if you need to take the exam, a recertification class or the full Nurse Assistant course.