Certified Nurse’s Assistant
Join one of the fastest growing professions in the healthcare industry! This New York State approved course includes clinical and classroom instruction in patient care, and will prepare you for Nurse Assistant certification.
Students will learn:
- Patient care (clinical and classroom)
- Patient safety
- Infection control procedures
- Moving, feeding and caring for patients
- Nutrition and diet therapy
- Assisting with admissions and exams
- Communication with the patient
- Patient self care
- Pre and postoperative care
- Anatomy and physiology
- Circulation and respiratory care
- Elimination procedures
- Human sexuality
- Job seeking and retention skills
Nurse’s Assistants must be:
- At least 16 years of age.
- A high school graduate, working on a G.E.D., or reading at a 9th grade level.
- In good health. MMR and PPD immunization records must be up to date.
- Dependable, patient, tactful, and have a desire to help people.
- Able to communicate well and have positive relationships with patients.
Tuition and fees are $2,000. This includes course textbook, all written materials, one set of scrubs, name tag and state exam fee.
Dual Certificate Nurse’s Assistant/Home Health Aide
The Nurse’s Assistant field and the Home Health Aide field are closely related and duties often overlap. Boost your employability by obtaining both certificates through FLCC’s NA/HHA training. Through this combination program, you’ll be ready for a great career in the health care field.
Tuition and fees for FLCC’s Dual Certificate NA/HHA training are $2,500, which includes all NA program items and HHA materials, all NA/HHA exams, and the NYS NA Certification (upon passing the NA exam). This NA/HHA training is your first step toward a rewarding career.
You may be eligible to receive funding for these programs. Learn about the variety of ways you can finance your education.
Note: need to recertify? Contact New York State at 1.800.321.6443 to find out if you need to take the exam, a recertification class or the full Nurse Assistant course.
"We selected FLCC initially because of their willingness to provide nurse aide instruction on-site and offer flexible training schedule options. We knew we would receive a quality product. We anticipate an on-going business relationship with FLCC's PDCE office because of the quality of instruction and because they deliver a high participant pass rate. FLCC shares our commitment to quality."