Business Skills Training and Profiling
In today’s workplace, it takes more than job knowledge to be successful. Learn how developing communication skills, emotional intelligence, teamwork, time management and other "soft skills" can take your career to the next level.
- Anger Management/Conflict Resolution
- "For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness," Ralph Waldo Emerson. Anger can be extremely detrimental to the productivity of employees, costing people their jobs, personal relationships, and even their lives when it gets out of control. This workshop is essential to assist employees to acquire the skills needed to cope with anger. Participants will also learn crucial conflict management skills through facilitated discussion, role-play, assessment, and activities.
- Appreciating Different Approaches
- "We all have ability. The difference is how we use it," Stevie Wonder. This workshop is based on the Meyers Briggs Type Indicator. It is intended to let participants get a glimpse into their preferences in approaching the world. This glimpse is intended to communicate that there are many paths to excellence, and that by appreciating and working supportively with those other perspectives, we all benefit.
- Business Etiquette
- "We think according to nature. We speak according to rules. We act according to custom," Francis Bacon. What is the definition of "Business Etiquette"? If you believe it is just about knowing table manners like which coffee cup is yours, it is so much more. This workshop studies the basics--consideration of co-workers, dress/appearance, the workplace versus social situations, company meetings, proper conversation skills, affecting international business opportunities, dealing with interruptions, email and telephone etiquette, and social media.
- Change Management
- "The key to change... is to let go of fear," Roseanne Cash. This workshop will give participants a perspective of how change is implemented and some tools for managing their reactions to change. This workshop will also give all participants an understanding of how change is implemented and some tools for managing their reactions to change.
- Everyday Communication
- "Years ago, I tried to top everybody, but I don't anymore, I realized it was killing conversation. When you're always trying for a topper you aren't really listening. It ruins communication," Groucho Marx. Learn to listen and effectively communicate. Whether it’s the speech you deliver in the boardroom, the level of attention you give your customer, it all means something. This workshop will help participants understand the different methods of communication and how to make the most of each of them.
- Cultural Diversity
- "Our cultural diversity has most certainly shaped our national character" Julie Bishop. How do you effectively communicate with a diverse workforce? The activities included in this workshop are designed to generate sensitivity to culture and gender differences and remove communication barriers.
- Customer Service
- "It is not the employer who pays the wages. Employers only handle the money. It is the customer who pays the wages", Henry Ford. We're all in the same business -- customer service. Whether we're talking on the phone, meeting customers face-to-face, or working behind the scenes, delivering adequate customer service can be a problem. Always remember if we don't provide excellent customer service, the competition might. This workshop will assist participants with the development of strong customer service skills and strategies.
- Effective Decision Making
- "The data speaks for itself. I respect everyone's opinion, but we make decisions based on facts, not opinions," Carol Todd. Have you ever had difficulty making the "correct" decision or just making a decision when needed? This workshop will offer participants the tools and techniques needed to make decisions based on facts and data rather than opinions and guesswork.
- Ethics, Integrity and Work – Life Values
- "It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently," Warren Buffet. Ethical principles are not easy to define, let alone explain. Standards such as attendance, outlook, integrity, morals, accountability and behavior, can help us put shape around our ethics. This workshop will explore ethical elements as they relate to the job, understand taking responsibility and explore techniques to handle challenging ethical and moral situations.
- Getting Along With Co-Workers
- "The achievements of an organization are the results of the combined effort of each individual," Vincent Lombardi. This workshop will focus on skills that will help the participant work better with co-workers, blend personalities, and know how to interact with people they may not always get along with. Techniques can also be applied to customers and others.
- Goal Setting and Problem Solving
- The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want," Ben Stein. It is good sense for groups to get along and work well together. To be successful they need to be going somewhere or working together to accomplish something. This workshop will examine tools and techniques to get your group on the same page and working toward the same target.
- "The ear of the leader must ring with the voices of the people," Woodrow Wilson. This workshop focuses on developing one’s leadership skills including: leadership characteristics and styles, situational leadership, staff development, communication, coaching and team development.
- Power of Words (POW)
- "Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen," Ralph Waldo Emerson. How powerful are our words? How do we maintain that positive attitude? How do we maintain that positive attitude? How are our bodies and health affected by our words? Experience some new ideas and participate in exercises that demonstrate the Power of Words.
- "Right Person for the Right Job"
- "What you do off the job is determining factor in how far you will go on the job," Zig Ziglar. Have you ever struggled with finding the person who meets the distinctive job requirements for your place of employment? This profile process will allow you to pre-screen each potential employee to meet and understand the characteristics that are uniquely essential to be a successful employee in your business.
- Sexual Harassment
- "Risk comes from not knowing what you're doing," Warren Buffet. It is important to know the requirements under the law as well as your company’s specific policy. This workshop will cover employee, employer, and leadership roles and responsibilities, terms, company policy and procedures, and a video discussion.
- Supervisory Skills
- Participants will take a survey to examine their perceived style of leadership (Directing, Coaching, Supporting, and Delegating) in order to gain insight into their strengths and weaknesses. The workshop will also discuss the development of talent, mentoring, building on success, and redirecting employees when necessary.
- Team and Group Development
- "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step," Chinese Guru Laozi. Groups go through predictable stages on their way to becoming a team, know what steps to take to develop your groups into teams. Knowing these stages and how to set the group up for success as well as developing their abilities to work collaboratively is the focus of this workshop.
- Time Management
- "Be wise in the use of time. The question in life is not ‘how much time do we have?" The question is ‘what shall we do with it?’ Anna Robertson Brown. Personal time management skills are essential for professional success in any workplace. Those able to successfully implement time management strategies are able to control their workload rather than spend each day in a frenzy of activity reacting to crisis after crisis. Stress declines and personal productivity soars!
Training is customized to fit your needs. Contact us for more details.
You may be eligible to receive funding for this program. Learn about the variety of ways you can finance your education.
"The trainers through FLCC have been excellent. Our clients enjoy the classes and work hard to learn and increase their skills. Wayne Table Works has had a positive experience with FLCC's Professional Development and Continuing Education office, and the world should know that this program is available as a community resource through FLCC."