The placement test is an online, multiple choice test that is not timed and takes approximately one to one and a half hours to complete. If you would like to take your test at a location other than FLCC, please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Identify a Test Proctor
You must find a proctor who can administer the test to you at their location. Only qualified proctors can administer the test. The proctor cannot be your relative, spouse or employer. You will need the proctor's name, job title, work address, email and phone number to complete the request form.
Qualified proctors include:
- Employees at your local college (check with the college's test center)
- High school counselors or certified teachers
- Librarians at your local public library
Step 2: Schedule a Test Date and Time
Schedule a test date and time that is convenient for both you and your proctor. Please allow at least five business days between the submission of your form and your test date.
- The proctor will receive testing instructions from us via email.
- Contact the proctor directly if you need to reschedule your test. It is not necessary to submit a new form.
Step 3: Complete the Request Form
Once you have secured your proctor and scheduled your test date, you are ready to sign up.
Students with a documented disability that want to test off-site using accommodations should contact the Disability Services Office by calling (585)785-1441 prior to completing the off-site testing request form.
Third floor, Charles J. Meder Library
3325 Marvin Sands Drive
Canandaigua, NY 14424
(585)785-1392 Placement Testing