The student is responsible for:
- Initiating the application process.
- Providing current and complete written documentation of the disability from an appropriate and qualified source.
- Notifying the Disability Services Office when s/he cannot attend class if the following services are provided: interpreter, notetaker, and/or scribe. An ongoing, consistent pattern of absences without appropriate notification may result in a discontinuance of services. When a service is discontinued, the student may meet with the Disability Services Office to seek reinstatement of the service.
- Notifying instructors in advance of an anticipated absence from class(es).
- Initiating and advocating to his/her instructors regarding approved accommodations/services. Each semester, the student should obtain his/her "Accommodations Notification" to share with instructors.