FLCC’s Economic Impact
- The FLCC service area economy receives approximately $172.2 million in regional income each year because of FLCC and its students; this figure amounts to nearly 2.3% of the area’s total annual income
- Approximately 80% of FLCC graduates remain in the area – we educate the local workforce
- Over the course of a working lifetime, associate degree graduates from FLCC earn $419,200 more than someone with a high school diploma
- Taxpayers earn a real money return of 9% on their annual investment in FLCC
- Approximately 20% of FLCC students come from outside the area; these students spend an estimated $405,400 in the region while attending college here
As FLCC continues to grow, our economic impact will expand dramatically.