Saturday, May 16, 2015
Processional begins at 1:45 p.m., Ceremony begins at 2 p.m.
Constellation Brands Marvin Sands Performing Arts Center (CMAC) on the campus of Finger Lakes Community College
For detailed information click on the headings below:
- Caps and Gowns
- College Bookstore
- Commencement Ceremony - Guests
- Commencement Day - Graduates
- Directions and Maps
- Graduation Announcements
- Nursing Advancement Ceremony
- Parking and Shuttle Services
- Special Accommodations
- Watch Commencement
- Caps and gowns: Students may pick up their caps and gowns on April 27 during a special graduation event:
Grad Regalia Gala 2015
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Graduation pins, diploma frames and other graduation items will be available to purchase.
- After April 27: Students may pick up their graduation attire at The Book Nook during regular business hours.
- Student ID: Students must show their student IDs when they pick up their graduation attire.
- No payment needed: Student fees pay for caps and gowns.
- Lost tassel: If a student loses his/her tassel, a replacement tassel may be purchased for $5 at The Book Nook.
- Holds: If a student has a hold on his/her account due to unpaid bills, overdue library books, parking fines, etc., the student will need to settle the account prior to picking up his/her cap and gown.
- Phi Theta Kappa regalia: Visit the Phi Theta Kappa Recognition Store at http://store.ptk.org/ to purchase the regalia.
- The Book Nook will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Commencement day for gift and apparel purchases. The Book Nook is located on the first floor of the Student Center.
Line up takes place in the FLCC gym.
Graduates should report to the gym no later than 12:45 p.m. on May 16.
Caps and gowns
Graduates are to bring their caps and gowns with them to put on in the gym.
Dress for the weather
Dress appropriately for the occasion and the weather. Be aware that no matter what the temperature is outside, it is always colder in CMAC. High heels are not recommended as the walk to CMAC is lengthy and includes many steps.
Students may NOT carry any personal belongings in the Commencement line. There will be a secure area in the gym for students to check their personal belongings.
Tickets are not required to attend the Commencement ceremony.
Reserved seating is for graduates, faculty, staff and special guests only. Their seating sections will be roped off.
All other seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please note: Commencement activities involve the entire campus and thousands of people. Family and friends should arrive early to allow time for parking and lots of walking. Please plan ahead for family members with limited mobility.
The ceremony should last one and a half to two hours. Guests should plan to arrive early to allow time for parking and seating. Restrooms will be available on the CMAC grounds (look for signs pointing to separate building located to the left if facing stage).
Diplomas will be mailed in June to graduates completing their degree requirements in May 2015.
For driving directions and maps visit www.flcc.edu/directions
- Graduation announcements may be purchased at The Book Nook beginning April 27.
- When: The Nursing Advancement Ceremony is Saturday, May 16 beginning at 9:30 a.m.
- Where: The ceremony will be held in the Constellation Brands Marvin Sands Performing Arts Center (CMAC) on the campus of Finger Lakes Community College.
- For more information about the Nursing Advancement Ceremony contact Mary Coriale, professor of nursing and Nursing Advancement Ceremony coordinator at (585)785-1442, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guest and graduate parking
Parking will be available in two locations:
- CMAC parking lot (Parking lot G. See campus map )
- Large parking lot in front of the main campus building (Parking lot A. See campus map )
Handicap parking and drop-off
Handicap parking will be available in two locations:
- Smaller parking lot directly in front of the Student Center entrance (Parking lot B. See campus map )
- Large parking lot in front of the main campus building in the first row nearest CMAC (Parking lot A. See campus map )
- A handicap parking sign must be displayed in or on the vehicle.
- Drop-off area: There will be a drop-off area closer to CMAC for people with disabilities. However, some walking is still required to get to the seating area. Families with members who have limited mobility should plan ahead and consider bringing a wheelchair and designating a member of the family to push the wheelchair.
- Free continuous shuttle service will be provided from CMAC, campus and handicap parking lots from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Visitors who have trouble stepping up into a van should be dropped off in the handicap parking area instead of taking a shuttle. See the entry above.
- Photographers from GradImages® will be at the ceremony and will take two candid photographs of each graduate before he/she walks on stage and during the graduate’s special recognition moment on stage.
- To order photos: Within five to seven days after commencement, graduates will receive an order form with free passport-sized digital proofs of the two photos taken at the ceremony. Orders may be placed online at www.gradimages.com or by calling 1-800-261-2576.
- Pre-register: Graduates may pre-register online at www.gradimages.com to receive an email as soon as their photos are available for viewing and ordering.
Guests may take photos
- Family and friends are welcome to take photos during the ceremony. However, we ask that anyone taking photos be respectful of the graduates and other guests.
- Graduate reception: The Class of 2015 and their guests are invited to join the college community immediately following the ceremony for a reception honoring the graduates. The reception will be held in the Finger Lakes Café on the second floor of the Student Center.
Accommodations for people with disabilities
If a graduate, family member or guest requires special accommodations for seating, sign language interpretation, getting on and off stage or has other needs, please contact Norah Nolan-Cramer, FLCC coordinator for students with a disability, as soon as possible at (585)785-1441, email@example.com.
There are several seating areas in CMAC specifically designed for wheelchairs. Go to the CMAC website for the floor plan showing wheelchair designated areas.
Guests sitting with wheelchair users
We request that no more than two guests sit with a wheelchair user in a wheelchair section.
- Rain or shine: The ceremony will proceed rain or shine.
- Dress for the weather: Please be aware that no matter what the temperature is outside, it is much colder in CMAC. CMAC is an outdoor theater and is not enclosed.
The college will be livestreaming both the Nursing Advancement and Commencement ceremonies on a TRIAL BASIS at the link below. Tune in at 9:20 a.m. May 16 for Nursing Advancement and 1:40 p.m. for Commencement
A recording of the FLCC Commencement ceremony will air on Finger Lakes Television, Time Warner cable channel 12/digital 2.4 in the Finger Lakes region at 7 p.m. on Friday, May 22, and 8 a.m. on Saturday, May 23.
If you have questions concerning graduation, please contact the One Stop Center at (585)785-1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to assist you.