The Office Technology Certificate program prepares students for entry-level employment in nearly all business areas. Students gain valuable office procedure knowledge and technology skills need for success in almost any corporate environment.
Prepare for employment after just one year of training! You also can use this certificate program can be earned in as little as nine months and is fully transferable to the degree program.
As a student in this program, you are required to complete a minimum of 30 credit hours with a grade point average of not less than C(2.0). For this certificate, you must successfully complete:
First Semester (15 Credit Hours)
- OFT 140 College Keyboarding I (3) OR OFT 141 College Keyboarding II* (3)
- OFT 156 Office Communications (3)
- OFT 247 Office Procedures I (3)
- BUS 120 Business Organization (3)
- OFT 150 Basic Accounting (3) OR OFT 210 Word Processing I** (3)
Second Semester (15 Credit Hours)
- OFT 141 College Keyboarding II (3) OR OFT 213 Office Automation (3)
- OFT/BUS 200 Office Management (3)
- OFT 248 Office Procedures II (3)
- OFT 210 Word Processing I (3) OR OFT 150 Basic Accounting*** (3)
- Business Elective (3)
* Placement will be based on student's skills. The student is required to take OFT 141 College Keyboarding II in order to receive the certificate.
** OFT 140 College Keyboarding I or permission of instructor is a prerequisite for this course. Also, the student must take OFT 210 Word Processing I if enrolling in OFT 141 College Keyboarding II during the first semester.
*** The student must take OFT 150 Basic Accounting if OFT 141 College Keyboarding II has been taken in the first semester.
Gainful Employment Information
This program falls under Gainful Employment Disclosure regulations, a rule by the U.S. Education Department. View Gainful Employment information about this program, including estimated cost and employment opportunities.