The schedule below shows how the requirements for the A.A.S. Nursing degree may be met in four semesters. This schedule is an example of one of many possible different schedules.
It is included here only as an illustration of the type of schedule that might be followed by a full-time student. Many students attending Finger Lakes Community College who have work and/or family obligations choose a different sequence of courses and take more than four semesters to fulfill the requirements for the A.A.S. Nursing degree. Similarly, students who find they need to take some additional course work to prepare them to do well in the types of courses included in the A.A.S. Nursing degree program may plan a schedule that takes more than four semesters to complete the degree. Students registering for a January or Summer Nursing Practicum or Summer Nursing Course must do so by established deadlines. All students should consult their Nursing advisor when they plan their schedule.
First Semester (17 Credit Hours)
- ENG 101 Composition I (3)
- PSY 100 Introduction to Psychology (3)
- BIO 171 Human Anatomy and Physiology I (4)
- NUR 100 Fundamentals of Nursing (6)
- PE activity class* (1)
Second Semester (18 Credit Hours)
- ENG 102 Introduction to Literature (3)
- PSY 200 Developmental Psychology (3)
- BIO 172 Human Anatomy and Physiology II (4)
- NUR 101 Nursing Care of the Adult and Child I (8)
Third Semester (16 Credit Hours)
- NUR 202 Nursing Care of the Adult and Child II (9)
- BIO 230 Microbiology (4)
- SOC 100 Introduction to Sociology (3)
Fourth Semester** (13 Credit Hours)
- NUR 203 Maternal-Child Health Nursing (4)
- NUR 204 Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing (4)
- NUR 215 Nursing Seminar (2)
- Humanities Elective (3)
* PE activity classes include golf, bowling, racquetball, badminton, tennis, etc.
** Qualify to sit for the National Council Licensing Examination for Registered Nursing after completing the course of study.