Liberal Arts and Sciences with Advisement Area in Mathematics
As a student in this program, you are required to complete a minimum of 64 credit hours with a grade point average of not less than C (2.0). For this degree program, you must successfully complete the following:
- ENG 101 Composition I
- ENG 102 Introduction to Literature
- COM 110 Public Speaking OR COM 115 Interpersonal Communication
- 3 credit hours of History (HIS) Electives
- 6 credit hours of Social Science Electives
Science and Mathematics
- 24 credit hours of Science Electives and Mathematics Electives
- Minimum of one of the following sequences:
- BIO 121 General Biology I AND BIO 122 General Biology II
- CHM 121 Chemistry I AND CHM 122 Chemistry II
- PHY 151 Physics I AND PHY 152 Physics II
- BIO 171 Human Anatomy and Physiology I AND BIO 172 Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- MAT 145 College Algebra*
- MAT 152 Pre-Calculus*
- 3 credit hours of Computer Science Electives
- 4 credit hours of Health/Physical Education (PE) Electives*
- The remainder of the required credit hours must be made up of approved electives. If you plan to prepare for transfer into a specific subject area or degree program at a four-year college or university, you should consult with your advisor regarding your course selection.
If you plan to transfer to a four-year institution, you should follow the general education course requirements for transfer to SUNY and non-SUNY schools. Visit the course requirements for transfer programs web page for details.
* If this competency has been met before entering the program, students must select at least 6 credit hours in other higher Mathematics courses approved by their advisor.
For you to successfully complete the A.S. Liberal Arts and Sciences degree and transfer to an upper-division institution with full junior status in Mathematics or the Sciences , you may be required to start at FLCC in the Pre-Calculus or Calculus level of Mathematics. High School students are encouraged to contact their guidance office and make use of the Mathematics Alert Program to become more familiar with the requirements in mathematics to pursue specific college degrees. If you lack sufficient mathematics and science preparation, you may receive instruction at FLCC, but it may take more than two years to complete this degree.