A.A. Liberal Arts and Sciences
As a student in this program, you are required to complete a minimum of 64 credit hours with a grade point average of no lower than C (2.0). For this degree program, you must successfully complete the following:
- ENG 101 Composition I
- ENG 102 Introduction to Literature
- ENG 103 Composition II
- COM 100 Human Communication OR COM 110 Public Speaking OR COM 115 Interpersonal Communication
- 3 credit hours of History (HIS) Electives
- 9 credit hours of Social Science Electives
- 9 credit hours of Mathematics Electives/Science Electives (Must include at least one Math and one Science course.)
- 9 credit hours of Liberal Arts Electives
- 3 credit hours of Art Electives
- 3 credit hours of Computer Science Electives
- 4 credit hours of Health/Physical Education (HPE) Electives
- The remainder of the required credit hours must be made up of approved electives. If you plan to prepare for transfer into a specific subject area or degree program at a four-year college or university, you should consult with your advisor regarding your course selection.
For information on which courses fulfill Liberal Arts (Humanities, Social Science, Natural Science and Mathematics), General, and Physical Education Electives, visit www.flcc.edu/academics/electives.
For information on which courses fulfill SUNY General Education Electives and for information on transferring to a four-year school, visit www.flcc.edu/academics/transfer-guidelines.