As a student in this program, you are required to complete a minimum of 67 credit hours with a grade point average of not less than C (2.0). For this degree program, you must successfully complete the following:
- ENG 101 Composition I
- ENG 102 Introduction to Literature
- 3 credit hours of Humanities Electives
- 9 credit hours of Social Science Electives
- CHM 121 Chemistry I
- BIO 121 General Biology I
- BIO 122 General Biology II
- BIO 221/CON 202 Principles of Ecology
- 6 credit hours of approved Mathematics Electives*
- 3 credit hours of Science Electives
Natural Resources Conservation
- CON 100 Introduction to Environmental Conservation
- CON 102 Introduction to Fish and Wildlife
- CON 190 Conservation Field Camp**
- 6 credit hours of Conservation Electives
Health/Physical Education Elective
- 4 credit hours of Health/Physical Education (PE) Electives
- 6 credit hours of General Electives
* Approved mathematics elective: MAT 121, MAT 122, MAT 145, MAT 152, MAT 220, MAT 271, MAT 272, MAT 273, MAT 274, MAT 276.
** CON 190 Conservation Field Camp is held in May, immediately after the Spring Semester, and runs for one week. This course is required and should be taken as early as possible.
If you plan to transfer to a four-year institution, you should follow the general education course requirements for transfer to SUNY and non-SUNY schools. Visit the course requirements for transfer programs web page for details.
Your electives should be carefully selected in consultation with your advisor, and they should be based on your areas of interest and recommendations from transfer institutions.