As a student in this program, you are required to complete a minimum of 64 credit hours with a grade point average of no lower than C (2.0). For this degree program, you must successfully complete the following:
- ENG 101 Composition I
- ENG 102 Introduction to Literature
- COM 110 Public Speaking OR COM 115 Interpersonal Communication
- 3 credit hours of History (HIS) Electives
- 6 credit hours of Social Science Electives
- PHY 151 General Physics I AND PHY 152 General Physics II OR CHM 121 General Chemistry I AND CHM 122 General Chemistry II OR BIO 121 General Biology I AND BIO 122 General Biology II*
- MAT 271 Calculus I**
- MAT 272 Calculus II
- MAT 220 Discrete Mathematics
- CSC 103 Computing Sciences Portal
- CSC 115 Introduction to Programming and Computing
- CSC 190 Data Structures I
- CSC 200 Data Structures II
- 6 credit hours of 200-Level Computer Science Electives
- 2 credit hours of Health/Physical Education (HPE) Electives
- The remainder of the hours must be approved electives.
* If a scientific background is desired, PHY 151 General Physics I and PHY 152 General Physics II should be taken, beginning in the first semester.
** If not sufficiently prepared, a Pre-Calculus course may be necessary.
For information on which courses fulfill Liberal Arts (Humanities, Social Science, Natural Science and Mathematics), General, and Physical Education Electives, visit www.flcc.edu/academics/electives.
For information on which courses fulfill SUNY General Education Electives and for information on transferring to a four-year school, visit www.flcc.edu/academics/transfer-guidelines.