Courses Leading to Certification
FLCC offers an online three-course sequence (PE 230, PE 231, and PE 232) designed to prepare you for the coaching certification required for coaching athletic teams in public schools in the state of New York. All courses are offered online through the award winning SUNY Learning Network. These courses will provide you with an understanding of the basic philosophy and principles of:
- Athletics in Education
- The Health-Related Aspects of Athletes
- Coaching Techniques used to coach a specific sport
For more information, contact Bob Lowden via phone at (585)-785-1459 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PE 230 Philosophy, Principles, and Organization of Athletics in Education
- PE 231 Theory and Techniques of Coaching
- PE 232 Health Sciences Applied to Coaching
Bob Lowden, the current athletics director at FLCC, oversees the program. Lowden is a former head coach of the baseball program at FLCC. He had a great deal of success as the colleges' head baseball coach. In 1992 and 1994, Lowden:
- Earned the Northeast District Coach of the Year Award by the National Junior College Athletic Association.
- Was granted Regional Coach of the Year honors.
- Led FLCC to regional titles.
- Coached the baseball program to NJCAA World Series appearances.
Additionally, Lowden was named Mid-State Athletic Conference Coach of the Year in 2005.