Liberal Arts and Sciences with Advisement Area in Chemistry
As a student in this program, you are required to complete a minimum of 64 credit hours with a grade point average of not less than C (2.0). For this degree program, you must successfully complete the following:
- ENG 101 Composition I
- ENG 102 Introduction to Literature
- COM 110 Public Speaking OR COM 115 Interpersonal Communication
- 3 credit hours of History (HIS) Electives
- 6 credit hours of Social Science Electives
Science and Mathematics
- 24 credit hours of Science Electives and Mathematics Electives
- Minimum of one of the following sequences:
- BIO 121 General Biology I AND BIO 122 General Biology II
- CHM 121 Chemistry I AND CHM 122 Chemistry II
- PHY 151 Physics I AND PHY 152 Physics II
- BIO 171 Human Anatomy and Physiology I AND BIO 172 Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- MAT 145 College Algebra*
- MAT 152 Pre-Calculus*
- 3 credit hours of Computer Science Electives
- 4 credit hours of Health/Physical Education (PE) Electives
- The remainder of the required credit hours must be made up of approved electives. If you plan to prepare for transfer into a specific subject area or degree program at a four-year college or university, you should consult with your advisor regarding your course selection.
If you plan to transfer to a four-year institution, you should follow the general education course requirements for transfer to SUNY and non-SUNY schools. Visit the course requirements for transfer programs web page for details.
* In order to successfully complete this program in two years, students must have sufficient Mathematics and Science preparation at the high school level. MAT 152 Pre-Calculus or a higher level of Mathematics is expected in the first semester.