Applied Computer Applications
With just one year of study in FLCC's certificate in applied computer applications program, your marketing skills will be developed in preparation for entrance into the job market. You'll be among graduates that are qualified for employment opportunities in computer operations, computer support or computer applications. You may also choose to progress into FLCC's information technology program.
The applied computer applications certificate program at FLCC is offered at least 50 percent online. For more information on FLCC's online learning programs, contact the Office of Online Learning at (585)-785-1303 or you can visit the colleges' online degree programs page.
As a student in this program, you are required to complete a minimum of 31 credit hours with a grade point average of no less than a C (2.0). For this certificate, you must successfully complete:
- 3 credit hours of Mathematics Electives
- ACC 101 Principles of Financial Accounting
- BUS 111 Computer Keyboarding
- BUS 123 Business Communications
- CSC 102 Tools for Internet Users
- CSC 103 Computer Science Portal
- CSC 115 Introduction to Computing
- 3 of the following courses:
- CSC 134 Core Word
- CSC 135 Core Excel
- CSC 136 Core PowerPoint
- CSC 139 MS Access
- 3 credit hours of Computer Science Electives OR PLG 110 Computer Law and Policy
- CSC 251 Applied Database Concepts
- 3 credit hours of General Electives
Gainful Employment Information
This program falls under gainful employment disclosure regulations, a rule by the U.S. Department of Education. View gainful employment information about this program, including estimated cost and employment opportunities.